TeachingtotheCoreNY.org is developed and maintained on behalf of the New York State Education Department Office of Adult Education Policy and Performance by Cayuga Community College. The information shared on this website is intended to support adult educators engaged in key aspects of the NYS Board of Regents Agenda.
TeachingtotheCoreNY.org is dedicated to providing adult educators across New York State with real-time, peer reviewed learning tools and resources, and professional development opportunities in support of reaching the State’s vision for a college and career ready education for all adults and out of school youth students.
What you will find on TeachingtotheCoreNY.org:
- Common Core Standards, College & Career Readiness Standards, teaching strategies and instructional resources for adults and out of school youth, ELL resources, and materials developed by NYSED and our partners.
- Teacher Leaders in adult education and materials from the NYSED/CUNY Master Teacher Institutes.
- Data Driven Instruction linking the National Reporting System outcome measures to adult education classrooms where teachers are utilizing Common Core and College & Career Readiness Standards.
- Video library featuring NYSED/CUNY Master Teacher Institute videos filmed during the institutes, Teacher Leaders in action across all 7 Regional Adult Education Network Centers, and highlights from professional development events hosted by the seven RAEN centers statewide.
- Common Core and College & Career Readiness Professional Development calendar of events open to all adult education programs funded by NYSED AEPP.
- Resources for adult students who are parents designed to build understanding of the New York State education reform initiatives and how the changes help their children.